Workplace Equipment or Adaptation Grant
As an employer you may be able to get a grant towards the costs of adapting premises or equipment for an employee with a disability.
Funding can be provided for the following:
- Minor building modifications such as ramps or modified toilets
- Alarm systems with flashing lights
- Equipment adaptation such as voice synthesizers for computers or amplifiers for telephones
A maximum grant of €6,350 is available towards the cost of adaptationsThis grant can also be used to upgrade adapted equipment .
Is your company eligible?
You can apply for this grant if you:
- Your compnay is in the private sector and adaptations are required to equipment or premises for an employee to undertake duties required
- Your compnay is in the private sector and an employee has acquired a disability whilst in employment, or has a condition that has deteriorated, and require adaptations to equipment or premises in order to continue with employemnt.
How to apply for the graant?
There are two forms in the application process.
If the total amount claimed, excluding VAT
- is under €700 one quotation should be submitted with the application
- is over €700 and under €1,500 two quotations should be submitted
- is over €1,500 three quotations should be submitted.
In the case of workplace adaptations, plans should accompany the proposals and a timescale for completing the work should be indicated.
Who to conatct for more information?
Regional contact details for the Workplace Equipment/Adaptation Grant can be accessed here.