JobsPlus is an employer incentive which encourages and rewards employers who offer employment opportunities to the long term unemployed inclusing people with disabilities.
Regular cash payments will be made to qualifying employers to offset wage costs where they recruit jobseekers from the live register.
This incentive is designed to encourage employers and businesses to focus their recruitment efforts on those who have been out of work for long periods. The level of payment is increased for the recruitment of those out of work for more than two years.
Since the 1st of January 2018 the payment levels are:
- Under 25 years of age, on the live register and unemployed for at least 104 days in the previous 6 months: €7,500
- Over 25 years of age, on the live register and unemployed for at least 312 days in the previous 18 months: €7,500
- In receipt of jobseekers allowance transition payment (no qualifying period applies): €7,500
- Persons with refugee status and are in receipt of jobseekers allowance (no qualifying period): €7,500
- Persons less than 50 years of age, on the live register and unemployed for at least 936 days in the previous 42 months: €10,000
- Over 50 years of age, on the live register and unemployed for at least 312 days in the previous 18 months: €10,000
Is my company eligible?
- This incentive is open to all employers in the private (including commercial semi-state), community, not-for-profit and voluntary sectors.
- In order to qualify an employer must offer full time employment of at least 30 hours per week, spanning at least four days per week to eligible recruits (i.e. that employee must be on payroll and subject to PAYE and PRSI).
- The employer must be a legal entity and/or a charity recognised by the Revenue Commissioners (with a CHY number) and registered with the Revenue Commissioners as a PAYE employer. Other legally recognised forms of business are eligible, including partnerships, sole traders, trusts, and unincorporated bodies provided these are recognised by the Revenue Commissioners and are registered as a PAYE employer.
For more information please see the JobsPlus web page here
To apply as an employer please click here