Employer Schemes and Services
- Disability Awareness Training Support Scheme (DATSS)
This scheme is for employers to provide training and awareness. Grant assistance of 90% of eligible training to max €20,000 in year 1 and 80% in subsequent years.
- Wage Subsidy Scheme (WSS)
This scheme offers financial support for employers who employ certain people with disabilities on a full-time basis (21 hours or more a week). Employers who are considering employing a person with a disability, or who are enquiring about other supports for employers of staff with disabilities, should get in touch with their local employment services office for more information.
- Employee Retention Grant Scheme (ERGS)
This scheme is to help employers to retain employees who acquire a disability.
Assistance is in two phases:
1. help with developing a retention strategy – up to 90% of the cost to a maximum of €2,500; and
2. implementing the retention strategy – up to 90% of the cost to a maximum of €12,500.
- Workplace Equipment/ Adaptation Grant (WEAG)
Grant assistance is available for employers, employees and self-employed disabled people who need to adapt the workplace or purchase specialised equipment for staff with disabilities to max €6,348.70.
- JobsPlus & JobsPlus Youth
These are incentives from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection to encourage and reward employers who offer employment opportunities to the long-term unemployed (including persons with disabilities). Grants of €7,500 and €10,000 are available.