What should I know about Disclosure?
- A person with a disability has the choice whether or not they tell you about their disability.
- There are a number of benefits to the employee in disclosing their disability to you as their employer as you have a duty to make reasonable adjustments or accommodations and ensure the workplace is accessible.
- You should be clear on the competencies required for a job from the initial stages of advertising and provide as much information as possible.
- At interview stage, you should provide opportunities for disclosures.
- You should have clear procedures in place when someone discloses a disability including what will happen with the information.