When Advertising the Role:
- Be clear on the job requirements and the qualifications needed to fulfil the role.
- Concentrate on what needs to be done rather than how it is done.
- Be able to justify any health requirements and medical screening.
- State clearly that you welcome applications from people with disabilities.
- Liaise with your local EmployAbility Service Adviser and organisations.
- Make sure the advertisement and application form are accessible.
- Consider providing both using alternative formats such as Braille and audio tape.
- Is your website accessible? see hostingfacts.com's best practice for accesible websites for suggestions.